In July 2020, with CEO Evan Siddall at the helm, the CMHC decided to tighten the rules for insured mortgages. With revisions like a much higher minimum credit score, and much lower maximums for gross and total debt service ratios, it instantly became much more difficult for Canadians to qualify for an insured mortgage. Unsurprisingly, this proved to be an unpopular move. So why did Siddall do it?Continue reading “The CMHC Takes a Step in the Right Direction”
Last week, I participated in a webinar featuring Economist Dr. Peter Andersen. While there was a lot of information covered, today I want to focus on a couple of key areas.
- What can business expect in 2021?
- Average inflation targeting and why you should remember this phrase.
We’re celebrating Financial Literacy Month!
Join Senior Economist, Ted Tsiakopoulos and Mortgage Broker, Steve Garganis Thursday, Nov 12, 2020, at 1:00 PM Eastern Time for a chat about budgets, savings, debt, and more.
Register Now: https://buff.ly/3lhmUl3
- Interest Rates, Savings, Debt and Budgeting trends
- Good debt vs bad debt: How debt affects the economy, housing prices and financial stability
- Bankruptcy vs Consumer Proposal.
- Bank of Canada interest rate policy now till 2023 – Risks??
- Why the second line of defence (macroprudential policies) is necessary despite the recent rise in savings
- Where does the problem lie? Disaggregating debt to asset ratio by age and income
- Trends in financial literacy
- Disruptions coming post-COVID & importance of financial literacy & skills
In case you missed it check out the video below of our October 28th, Roundtable Discussion on Housing and Mortgage Market Insights…Continue reading “Housing And Mortgage Market Insights – Roundtable Discussion”
Q & A | Jenelle Cameron of Remax Hallmark In Conversation with Steve Garganis of Mortgage Architects
I participated in a Q & A with one of my good realtor friends, Jenelle Cameron of Remax. We had a chance to discuss the current impact of COVID-19 on mortgages and the real estate market in general. Find out the latest on mortgages, what’s happening with closings during this time, and more!Continue reading “Q & A | Jenelle Cameron of Remax Hallmark In Conversation with Steve Garganis of Mortgage Architects”