Here we go again… The beginning of a new year, and the same annual forecasts for interest rates to go up! Before I share my thoughts.. Here’s some of the recent headlines that I’ve seen….
- a report by CBC News sharing 4 ways to prepare.. including selling your home, waiting to buy and locking into a Fixed rate mortgage! (Can you say panic?)
- Here’s another from The Globe and Mail telling us it’s “Bad News for Borrowers: The economy could improve this year”. Really? Tell that to the people in Alberta, Newfoundland and Saskatchewan.
- And this one from last week says Get ready for Interest Rate Shock in 2015.
Wow, reading this means rates are certain to up this year…right? So let’s see.. we should sell our home, put off buying (yet again) and lock in our Variable rates into Fixed rate mortgages..
Now let’s look at the most recent headlines.. Continue reading “So, you think rates are gonna spike up this year? Who says?”
Seasons Greetings! Happy New Year! Quick thank you for making 2014 a great year! Hope yours was just as special. And I’m wishing you much success and happiness in 2015.
I’ll make this quick as I’m sure you have some New Year’s Eve celebrations to attend to.
QUICK YEAR IN REVIEW.
- Interest rates haven’t really changed this year.
- 5 yr fixed rates are under 3.00%.
- Variable rate pricing improved to around Prime less 0.60% (less in some cases and dropping).
- In fact, looking at the big picture, interest rates haven’t really changed much in the last 4 yrs. Yet, you wouldn’t know it by reading the newspaper headlines….(sorry to my media friends…)
Let’s get to it. MY THOUGHTS ON 2015. Continue reading “Looking ahead to 2015 rates and trends”