Rental vacancies are ridiculously low and demand for rental units is high… and growing!
That’s just a sampling of the opportunistic real estate investment news Ted Tsiakopoulos, CMHC’s Regional Economist for Ontario, shared recently at the Canadian Mortgage Brokers’ Association (CMBA) of Ontario annual conference.
Here are other main takeaways:
- Strong 2017 economy helped ease imbalances
- Sales and new home starts expected to slow
- Prices to grow moderately
- Eastern & Western Ontario will outperform Southern Ontario
- Mortgage delinquencies remain at record lows – much lower than credit card or car loan debt